Safety policy and health protection at work
A permanent concern of top management of the company is the maintainence of a leading position among steelmakers in Europe and other regions of the world in health care and safety at work and with spreading of the good name of Železiarne Podbrezová a.s. To achieve this goal, the company is committed to:
- Increase and continuously improve of the level of management of health and safety at work in order to eliminate potential endangerment of human health due to technological processes, technical equipment, human error, and the working environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with the requirements of binding legal regulations and internal legislation in the company in the area of health and safety at work.
- Eliminate any adverse risk to injury based on identifiable hazards, threats, and risk created by working conditions.
- When introducing new technology and modernization, all efforts are made to reduce sources of noxious pollutants from the working environment.
- To provide training, develop skills, and awareness of employees leading to safe work and health protection, with education in correct and safe practices for work.
- While working with contractors in repair and service, we strive to create conditions for effective cooperation, require compliance with regulations, and standards to ensure safe working conditions.
- Deepen the commitment of all employees of the joint stock company in the process of continuous improvement of safety status and health protection at work and thus create a positive image of the company in a competitive environment.
- Management of safety and health at work is the responsibility of management at every level.
Caring for the safety and health of our workers is part of the management system and an integral part of business activities of the joint stock company’s EN ISO 45001 certifications. Other licenses and certificates