Dividend approved by the Extraordinary General Meeting
The 9th Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (hereinafter EGM) was summoned by the Board of Directors of Železiarne Podbrezová a.s. on 15 December 2016 with the following agenda:
1. Opening and election of the bodies of EGM (chairman, recorder of the minutes, persons to attest the minutes, persons to count the votes).
2. Payment of dividends to shareholders from retained earnings generated in financial years 2004 – 2010.
Shareholders owning 90.28% of the voting rights were present at the EGM.
The EGM approved payment of dividend from retained earnings, generated in financial years 2004 – 2010, of EUR 7.00 per share (i.e. 20.59% of nominal value of the share).
The EGM instructed the Board of Directors to ensure the payment of dividends to shareholders.
All entities holding shares of Železiarne Podbrezová a.s. as of 20 December 2016 i.e. the decisive date for identification of recipients entitled to exercise the right to dividend, shall be entitled to pay-out of dividend. Dividend shall be paid out within 60 days from the decisive day, at the expense of the Company.
DISTRIBUTION OF DIVIDEND
Payment of dividend to shareholders will be held as follows:
a) INDIVIDUALS - by money order of Poštová banka a.s. sent to the address of the shareholder, by means of bank transfer to shareholders’ account or in cash at the cash office in the registered office of the Company.
If a shareholder requests dividend to be paid by transfer to the bank account, it is necessary to file a simple request for the payment of dividend (stating shareholder’s name, surname, date of birth, permanent address and bank account number.) The signature of the applicant must be authenticated (by registry office or notary). In case a shareholder has already asked the Company for the payment of dividend by means of bank transfer, it is not necessary to send a new request.
If a shareholder requests dividend to be paid in cash at the cash office in the registered office of the Company, it is necessary to agree a date in advance by contacting Capital management department.
If a shareholder does not require payment of dividend by means of bank transfer or in cash at the cash office, the Company will send them dividend automatically by means of a postal order.
b) LEGAL ENTITIES - by means of bank transfer to shareholders’ account. It is necessary to submit the following:
- Request for the payment of dividend stating the exact specification of the applicant (trade name, registered office, Company Identification No., the number of registration in the Commercial Register), bank account number and contact person number. The request must be signed by an authorised representative with the authenticated signature;
- Original or certified copy of the up-to-date copy of the entry in the Business Registry (not older than three months).
In case of the representation on the basis of authorisation it is necessary to present the following:
a) Authorisation with an authenticated signature of the shareholder (authorised representative);
b) Original or certified copy of the up-to-date copy of the entry in the Business Registry (not older than three months) provided the shareholder (authorised representative) is legal entity;
c) Original or certified copy of the up-to-date copy of the entry in the Business Registry (not older than three months) if the representative of the shareholder (authorised person) is legal entity;
d) Request for the payment of dividend with the bank account number and the authenticated signature of the representative, in the case of the request for payment of dividend by transfer to the bank account.
- Dividend from retained earnings from the previous years 2004 – 2010 is not liable to income tax (according to the Law on Income Tax - no. 595/2003 Coll. as amended).
- Dividend from retained earnings from the previous years 2004 – 2010 is not liable to contribution to the health insurance (according to the Law on Health Insurance - no. 580/2004 Coll. as amended).
- In case of the change in the data regarding the shareholder (e.g. change of surname, domicile, etc.) or the change regarding the person of the shareholder (e.g. due to inheritance, donation, sale) we kindly request shareholders to notify us of any particular change and to enclose the original document confirming the change or the authenticated copy of the public or other record thereof (e.g. marriage certificate proving the change of surname, confirmation of the acquisition of inheritance etc.).
- In case the transfer of the right to dividend was executed pursuant § 178 par. 2 of Act No. 513/1991 Coll. the Commercial Code, the person exercising the right to the payment of dividend will produce the original of the agreement, or any other document confirming its right to the payment of dividend.
Železiarne Podbrezová a.s.
Capital management department
The New Plant (Nový závod)
976 81 Podbrezová
Telephone: 00421-48645-2365, 2361